Go Back   Nub Live Forum > Open Studio Zone > Open Cigar Talk

Open Cigar Talk What's up NUb? Talk about cigars and cigar related issues and news. (not about non-Oliva cigars, there's a thread for that)

Old 05-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #1
Big Bore
NUB Junky

Default New Shop in Town

Down in the Floydes Knobs area of southern Indiana a new cigar shop has opened called The Office Cigars. Tony, a young man followed his dream and has been open for a while but I just found it a month ago and have been trying things out. It's not a big shop, but the owner is doubling the size of his walk in humidor as I type. They have quite a nice selection of premium cigars, and the prices, well, this is Indiana, they are as good as anywhere thanks to the raping we get from the Indiana tobacco tax.
Much to my pleasure he has a nice selection of Oliva, Cain, and NUBs, including the Nub Dub Maduro and my beloved Connecticuts.
You won't find any crap cigars or cigarettes here, only premium cigars, so yes, he is a cigar snob and is a big reason why I keep going back. You want machine rolled cigars and cigarettes, there's a Smokey Joe's on every other corner.
If you are in the southern Indiana area, closer to New Albany than Jeffersonville (where another excellent cigar shop resides and you should check out if you are in town, Riverside Cigars) and want a nice smoke, stop in and give The Office a try. See you there!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
CSMAnderson
NUBLIVE OFFICIAL BOMBING AMBASSADOR

Sounds like a great B&M. I like when B&Ms have standards for what they carry.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Big Bore
NUB Junky

I guess I am too much a snob. There is another shop around and the sign out front said something about cigars. It was pretty much a head shop, lots of rolling papers, loose tobacco for cigarettes, bongs, pipes, too much for this old man.
I'm all for them having their own shops, but from the outside it looked like it was a cigar shop (and I think it might have been in the past and the new place just kept the old sign) and it was anything but that. Couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Of course, Indiana has declared their war on smoking just like so many other places. They make it as difficult as they can for shops to open and even more difficult for them to stay in business. Especially with the state tobacco tax. $&@%#-en bureaucrat and do-gooders..

Last edited by Big Bore; 05-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Big Bore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM   #4
skipper
Administrator

I agree... the first sign of a water pipe and I'm out

I was taught to respect my elders. It's just getting harder to find them
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote